30 Nov 2015

Scissors Front cover / Geoff Grandfield inspiration


I needed something to put on the front cover of my work and I didn't want to just use the same images I've already created, but something new, simple and professional. One of my inspirations from last years projects was artist/designer Geoff Grandfield. I really admire his use of silhouetted shapes to create forms and his minimilistic use of two or three colours. I wanted an image that captured the mood of 'point of view' podcasts, but also best showcased my work. 

So what I did was analyzed what worked as solid shapes in my work and found the scissors as the most appropriate shapes to use. I limited my colour palette and experimented with shapes and sizes, until I created the above image, which I think is a success. The reason for that is even though it looks different the feel and end product look similar to my other images, with the use of mark making again to bring the piece together. 

you can check his work out here - http://geoffgrandfield.co.uk



No comments:

Post a Comment