17 Nov 2015

Visual Metaphors


Visual langauge and being able to communicate an idea is integral if I want to make it as a professional illustrator. One way of achieving that is using metaphors to communicate a piece of text or an idea - whatever the illustration is for. its a really smart and precise way of interpreting something. 
I have over the last year started to bring this into my own work, but I sometimes dont make it really obvious what its about. So with this project the snow leopard idea that I have isn't immediately obvious, but you can piece together all the different aspects to create a visual metaphor. Its a way of working that I like to use as it differentiates my work and isn't the obvious. 


Often humorous, sometimes risqué but always witty and intelligent, Paul Blow comes up with exceptional ideas. His work is what good illustration should always strive to be— clear, precise communication.




Combines thoughtful symbolism worked into his compositions with considered drawings and painterly textures. He creates very interesting narratives within his image. 

No comments:

Post a Comment