3 Nov 2015

Magpies


One of my original ideas was the use of magpies as they repseresnt stealing and homeless people are often unfairly associated with that. I wanted to keep the image simple and use negative space to keep it from looking too cluttered on the page.

Ive used mark making with the magpies as I wanted them to look playful and mimic what real life magpies are like, the colours work well as the vibrant blues and green contrast nicely with the dark black of the birds feathers.

The image on the left is the one I've used for my newspaper. I used different ink and block printing ink  to create the marks below the magpie. They are experimental, but help to form an interesting composition.

I dont like the straight edge of the second image, but unfortunalty time constraints limited me to coming up with some way to not make it look like the man was floating in mid air :)

No comments:

Post a Comment