1 Dec 2015

Feeling Lost



This piece is all about capturing the essence of government cuts, which are having a huge effect on the homeless, especially in Manchester.
My inspiration for this was Salvador Dali's surrealist drawings, where there is always a mood created in the piece. I think this piece is a success because its a more simple design and clearly links to the topic of homelessness, but not in an obvious way.
I wanted space and perspective to come into play, so I made the scissors seem huge in a desert like world and the people a lot smaller. This was to make the cuts almost dwarf over everything in the land. The colour scheme was my own idea as I thought the dark and colours best represented my own feelings towards the whole situation.

There is definitely a surreal feel to this and artists that I've researched like Dali and Henry Derger contributed to towards my final outcome.



No comments:

Post a Comment