16 Dec 2015

Manchester Town Hall Illustration





This illustration was one of my most challenging images to create. The angle and shape of manchester town hall is very awkward and the building involves lots of symmetry. I was trying to keep it simple and go off my instinct when it came to creating pen marks. I think the tents up the side of the building work really well in this piece as they almost envelop the building. 

Ive followed my original design and tried to show my ideas clearly. The idea of homelessness on the door steps of the town hall, but almost hidden away. Its there in the background, but its always ignored and people struggle to acknowledge it. The only point I'm concerned about is that the image appears blurry for some reason when on a computer, Im not entirely sure why that is. 


No comments:

Post a Comment