4 Apr 2015

Research- Catherine Rayner


http://www.booktrust.org.uk

I want to have a constant look and feel to the book I will be producing. I think I'm going to carry on from where I left off on the last project with a focus on combining mark making with more detailed drawing. I think it worked really well last time and even though experimental I think I could really develop it to suit a children's book. Weakness wise its very hard to keep it consistent and is a bit of a gamble.

I was researching  into artists who use mark making and actually came across a previous Macmillan children's book winner Catherine Rayner. She's does exactly what I want to do with beautifully drawn ink work and clever mark making. I just love the intricate but simple designs she uses and I hope to create something similar within my own work.

No comments:

Post a Comment