4 Apr 2015

Abram Games

Tuesday Lecture 




This was a really interesting lecture. Abram Games a famous designer known for his world war two posters daughter came in to talk about his work and life. This was a very beneficial experience for me as I am currently writing an essay about propaganda and his posters are a very important part of that. 

I saw how he used and Britain used these posters, like the one above entitled the 'Blond Bombshell' to encourage and motivate people during world war two, in this case to get women to join the less glamorous ATS. I could see the relevance of his images having a message and a meaning. The image had to link to the message and be understandable for someone looking a it. I need to develop this side of my work more and create meaningful illustrations that relate to what the drawing is about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment