4 Apr 2015

Macmillan Children's book

http://www.catherinerayner.co.uk

For my next brief, I had decided to go out of my comfort zone and pick a children's book to illustrate. I could either create my own short story or use an out of copyright story such as the Grimm's Fairy tales stories. It has to be 20 double pages, including a front cover. This is a lot of work and I need to really buckle down get on with it basically.

Issues
  • I need to find the right story for me. One that I'm interested in and one I actually like. if I don't like it then I think an onlooker will be able to tell as the quality of my illustrations would suffer.
  • What style do I want ?. I need it to be consistent throughout and look good and professional 
  • I have to create work that suits a particular market, so I need to change my style and think  differently about the way I'm creating and want the work to look like. i.e unlike the work I had created before which was for a more adult audience. 
  • This is a lot of work so I need to manage my time properly 



No comments:

Post a Comment