18 Apr 2016

Occupy (Book)



I realize my work and what Ive centered my illustrations on isn't necessarily this book is about, however this book is about protest and politics, so I thought it could influence the way I thought and potentially allow a political undertone to my work. So I went about reading it.


Occupy - Noam Chomsky 
Occupy is a political movement that focuses on social and economic inequality. With the aim of getting wealth more spread out and distributed to ordinary people.




This book is not written by Noam Chomsky per se, but is rather a compilation of transcripts from interviews he has done and speeches he has given relating to the Occupy Movement. There is a lot of insight and information in this book about the occupy movement. Sympathizing with their cause. This was a really interesting book and it gave me lots of ideas about symbolism and political forms of artwork. There is a theme of the against us and if I had to illustrate a book like this it would be about getting that imagery to reflect that. 




No comments:

Post a Comment