19 Apr 2016

About Me - family history

I know my blog is more about my illustrations and my artwork, but I wanted to add a bit of personal information about myself. My family have been researching into my family history and we have found some really interesting things. 

Firstly I already knew this, but my name and my family have so many connections with Ireland, particularly southern Ireland. I have other connections with Wales as well where my granddad is from. 

My second name Rainey is an irish name and in Gaelic it is Ó Raighne. 

I have lots of connections in my family with world war two, with lots of my family acting as soldiers at that time, which I'm proud to say. The most interesting learning point was my dads side of the family. We discovered my that my Grandma's parents were both from Russia to our surprise and they were both jewish. They fled from Russia in world war one. It was so fascinating to learn about. Im proud of my now English, Irish and Russian ancestry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment