21 Sept 2015

My view (Manchester)





To try and think in a different way and come up with new ideas, I thought it would be good to take some photographs in manchester to try and capture the life of someone endlessly walking around. I have to admit I felt uncomfortable at times sat down whilst the masses walked past. It felt as if everyone was staring at me and as if I shouldn't be there. I wasn't pretending to be a homeless person of course not, but I was trying to capture the same lonely essence and feeling within my photographs - hence the use of black and white images. 

One aspect I did notice is how empty some certain areas of Manchester are, almost forgotten about and left to wither away. This was a different way of working for me, but I felt like it may make me think in a different way and it's helped me to come up with different ideas. 

I saw some interesting characters and I found personally that a lot of people were just walking around aimlessly almost with no purpose. You really see things in a different perspective when observing whats around you. 






























No comments:

Post a Comment