6 May 2015

Tales of the City


This was my image for the brief ' tales of the city' it was a very open brief basically open to your interpretation. This might seem strange but I got the idea for my image from a dream I had. I was in a park with a man feeding ducks, however the man had a ducks head instead. I just think it was quite a surreal image and I think it really suited a  scene that I could see in somewhere like Manchester.

Ive tried to use collage and be really experimental with how I have created it. Thinking about composition, mark making and use of colour. My influence for this come from things like dada who use used very abstract imagery swell as surrealism, with their dream like imagery.








I also took a lot of photo's of Manchester as this is the place that inspired me with this idea. I wanted to capture the mood of the city and try and reflect what I saw in my dreams. I tried to capture different perspectives and views. 








No comments:

Post a Comment