6 May 2015

Children's Books Conclusion

I am very pleased with how my book and the pages I have created have turned out. I think I have kept true to a consistent style of work and kept the style of drawing the same. I have stuck to my core pricniples of line, texture and shape throughout each page. I think a good point is that I haven't just stuck to what I know, I have tried to adapt my style and try and whole range of new processes such as experimental forms of mark making.

I think a weakness of my book could be that as I haven't finished every single one of my images it becomes quite hard to understand and read the storyline, affecting what the reader will understand about the story. I think next time I create a book I will stick to my mark making style as i like the unpredictable nature of the marks and that way of working really fits in well with a children's book style.

After having many weeks or trying and many weeks of hard work, I have a new found respect for children's book illustrators. the amount of effort and time spent to make a book look professional, consistent and good is staggering. Ive learnt so many new things from this unit.


  • To try and keep a consistent style 
  • Keep up to date with work 
  • Find the right feel and look to suit the audience 

No comments:

Post a Comment