13 Dec 2014

Isis Images


Looking back I really wanted to create something that showed Isis for the brutal and threatening group they really are and I tried to reflect this in this image. The article was about Isis forcing young middle eastern men to stay in Isis. I used the ink backgrounds i had created earlier and thought it worked well in the image to give it a darker look and reflect on the darker issue a bit more. Id say one criticism would be that image is perhaps to stark and perhaps not suitable for a sunday morning newspaper. 


I used my own typography here and produced this. Ive never done that before but felt it looked and worked with the image. I wanted to try and recreate the panic that is felt with any terrorist situation.


This is by far my favorite image. I started to do mark making and began seeing figures in the marks and people. So I carried it on and began drawing people with the black figures- Isis figures. The article was about Isis being in the west, I think I have adapted a surreal look to this article. 

No comments:

Post a Comment