10 Mar 2016

Future Self

My next project is very important as it will in all likelihood be the work that I will primarily use in my portfolio. I know I want to go down the editorial route and I know my illustrations have to mean something- conceptual. From looking at my past work as whole the criticism I have is that its not varied enough. For instance I have lots of images on being homeless or government cuts, I need to create more images about different stories and issues happening.

One other aspect I would like to change is that I want a few more positive images. I don't want to always be doing negative or serious issues and I want to show my versatility in being able to create images for lighter stories.

These are the areas/ articles I have decided to look at. These are just my initial thoughts.


Creative Writing and Sport 

Ive found an article in the guardian newspaper about creative writing and the benefits of using sport and writing to exercise your brain swell as your body. Basing writing tasks on how for example the students could make the sport more enjoyable and how sportsmen use writing within sports to for instance record times and journals. I think this is a really interesting article that I can really develop ideas for. I was initially thinking of incorporating sports like running with some kind of writing related image. So a pencil for a javelin ?


A Soliders Story 

This story is all about soldiers and the effect war has on them and their family. It talks about how soldiers are never far from their past and how war has had not only a physical affect but also a mental one. The initial idea I have from this is running from your past and the idea of a door to the past always being there wherever you go .


NHS Waiting Times 

This is a huge story England right now. The NHS is being cut by the government and effects are being felt. From staff cuts to patient waiting times increasing drastically. This story is so relevant to today and if I want to be an editorial illustrator I think this is the types of story I will have to cover. My early ideas are something to do with pulling and the idea of a tug of war between politicians and doctors.


No comments:

Post a Comment