10 Mar 2016

Business Cards


As an illustrator business cards are very important and they serve 3 main purposes


  • They act as reminders of who you are 
  • They provide contact details 
  • They act as a mini portfolio 

I could create my own logo, but I'm just not like that I can't just create one image that's meant to summarize my entire style and work. So instead I have decided to pick out elements from my drawings that could work well on a business card. I want to show a serious side as editorial is often like that, so I don't really want to use my children's book images for example. I want it to look professional, simple and most importantly clearly show my contact details. I want everything from my website, portfolio and business cards to be consistent in quality. 


The one above is my test card !! I really like the image of the man I've drawn as a single image, so I'm thinking this could be my main business card image. The back I'm not quite on yet, it may need some adjustments, as I'm not sure wether to include the mark making at the top of card yet. The edges of the cards will be rounded as the rectangle look doesn't suit in my opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment