3 Nov 2014

The Hobbit ( Film review )

Being a fan of Lord of the rings right from the beginning I admire and will love the films and the books. I've read all the books countless times (including Hobit) and when I saw that Hobbit was I was so excited to see how Jackson would adapt this children's classic.

A reluctant hobbit, Bilbo Baggins, sets out to the Lonely Mountain with a spirited group of dwarves to reclaim their mountain home - and the gold within it - from the dragon Smaug.








Movie review 



 Given that he had a lot of material to work with, I imagine it was quite hard to put everything together for the scenery, I felt like the film was to much like lord of the rings and need to get away from that. There was to much crammed into 3 hours I felt and to much of the gimmicky links to lotr. He captured the feeling of the book and transcended it onto a screen. The acting was amazing - perfectly fitting into fantasy style, especially Ian McKellen ( famous for his Gandalf adaption). The chemistry between actors was more than just the obvious - you could actually feel their interactions and live the story.

I have no need to begin writing about camera work and all that comes with it; locations were beautiful, effects and colors were mixed perfect, a soundtrack that followed through pattered with what was going on perfectly. I didn't however like the go pro camera use as it made certain scenes look tacky and fake. Overall though I feel like the film was a success and captured the adventurous spirit of JRR Tolkeins Hobbit book. 


8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment