1 May 2016

Client List

The most difficult part of being an illustrator in my opinion is knowing where your work fits in. After a few years of improving my drawing and finding a consistent style I have found that my work and own enjoyment is in current affairs and social issues, so editorial work is where I want to work in the future.
Using the AOI client list, I have come up with a list of potential clients that I can work with and that I feel suit my own style of work.
  • The Independent 
  • Daily telegraph
  • Money observer 
  • Financal Times - Weekend - Im really interested in this client as they use highly conceptualized work and I can see my work fitting in there. I have sent out samples of my work to them.  
  • Creative Review 
  • Radio Times 
  • The Big Issue 
  • New Internationalist 
  • Sunday Times 
  • The Spectator 
  • Financal Times business - Highly Conceptualised. I really like the style of their illustrations so I will be sending samples of my work to them
  • The Guardian - Im interested in this client as they often take on new illustrators and I can see my work fitting in there. I have sent samples of my work to them. 
I know I'm aiming high from the list above, but from the AOI list these clients are the most suited to my style of work. I will keep researching and looking for other clients of a similar nature. 

I didn't want to just limit myself to just editorial as I have to be adaptable and able to work in a number of fields, so I am looking into publishers as well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment